Sunday, April 27, 2008

Joanna Wang 王若琳 Showcase


Joanna Wang 王若琳 Showcase

Date: 25 April 2008, Friday
Venue: Lunar @ The Cannery, Clarke Quay

The voice of Joanna Wang arrives to warm up the spirits of music lovers at Lunar @ The Cannery on 25 April 2008. Joanna has been gifted with unique jazz vocals that have earned her applause since her early teens. Now at the age of 18 years old, she enters the music scene with her first full-length English album, Start From Here features 12 tracks including renditions of classics like Spandau Ballet's TRUE and Billy Joel's New York State of Mind. Also included on this release is I Love You, Joanna's take on David Tao's popular ballad Love is Simple.

© April 2008. Martin Liew Photography. All Rights Reserved.
All shots are taken with Nikon D70s on Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR (Courtesy of Stan, Shi Wei). All flashlights are not allowed during the show. All color fotos are converted to B&W and duo-toned in Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. My fiancee, Xiaoyun, introduced me to Joanna's music on my first visit to Changsha. She then bought me the double CD set as 1 of my birthday presents. Her songs are a major part of the soundtrack of our love. When we marry, we will sing, "I Love You", which I first heard, when Xiaoyun's best friend Bonny sang it at karaoke. We have sang it many times to each other, while driving, at karaoke and I even sang it to her while video chatting on QQ! Can't wait to see her in concert sometime soon.
    Yida (Michael)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,

    I'm so happy for you and yr fiancee. Nothing is as romantic as sharing and singing the same song to each other, expressing the greatest love to each other. Hope my photogaphs of Joanna Wang bring back many fond memories for the both of you.

    May you & yr fiancee Xiaoyun has a great marriage and live happily everafter. :)

    - Martin Liew

    ReplyDelete