Monday, June 15, 2009

My Exhibited Work @ Eye e City 2008 Photography Exhibition

Last Saturday I went down to Bras Basah Complex to check out my work @ Eye e City 2008 Photography Exhibition. I took up the Retrospective Challenge for the second time as it came naturally to be the ideal subject when I was really honored and delighted to join Eye e City committee in taking part to document the official closing down of New 7th Storey Hotel on 30 & 31 October 2008. In June 2008, news broke out that one of our oldest budget hotels is going to be demolished and make way for the new Bugis MRT line, Downtown Line One.

Here's the slideshow of the photographs I made. For better viewing, press F11 key for maximum screen display. Eleven out of those photographs are selected for the exhibition. The last shot was taken on the actual day of Eye e City 2008 event as the event terms stated. Therefore I do not have it as I have yet to collect my negatives back from the committee on 27 & 28 June 2009.

On these 2 days, Eye e City 2008 Book will be launched and participants can collect the book and their negatives and/or digital photos.



2 comments:

  1. It is certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for yr kind words. Glad my work is of interest to you.

    As you know, the MRT construction is currently undergoing. I've intentions of going back from time to time to take fotos of the whole process and by the time it's completed, viewers will see the drastic huge changes in Singapore land development.

    If you are keen to read those blogs, I suggest you can subscribe via Followers, Email or RSS.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete