Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Eye e City 2007

31st Dec 2007, the day Eye e City held its annual documentary photography event island wide. I took part for the 3rd time and I must say it was a tremendous year for me, and I certainly looking forward to this wonderful new year!

Back on track, I got plans on subjects I wanted to photograph. Howsoever, it turned out more challenging than I expected. I did some evaluations on some chosen subjects, whether they are the ideal ones in this documentary event. Well it's not necessary to work things out this way but personally I just wanted to focus more on the more important aspect and objective of this event. Well I don't try to sound too seriously or stressed up. It's the way I work things, doing my very best each time, and to improve and learn from each experience.

For this year's event, I covered mainly in my neighborhood area i.e. Balestier area and Whampoa Drive area. The farthest place I went was National Stadium, where I took a few last photographs before it's gonna be demolished and make ways for a grand new one. In fact it wa a good time for me to take a closer look around my neighborhood. So here are the 27 photographs I took. Pleasnt viewing.


The new Whampoa Makan Place


Reconstruction of shop house 1


Reconstruction of shop house 2


Balestier Road Market (defunct)


Mr Chen, the construction worker 1


Mr Chen, the construction worker 2


Mr Chen, the construction worker 3


Mr Chen, the construction worker 4


Mr Chen, the construction worker 5


Mr Chen, the construction worker 6


Mr Chen, the construction worker 7


Protected Tree 1


Protected Tree 2


Reconstruction of shop house - behind the scene


Mr Jimmy Chin, the iron welder 1


Mr Jimmy Chin, the iron welder 2


Mr Jimmy Chin, the iron welder 3


Mr Jimmy Chin, the iron welder 4


Mr Jimmy Chin, the iron welder 5


Wan Qing Yuan - Dr Sun Yat Sen Memorial Museum.

It's closed down for a major renovation since 1st May 2007


New Connector

Last Glimpses of National Stadium


Last Glimpses of National Stadium - West Entrance


Racer on Mini-Motor Racer Bike


Family Outing on New Year Eve


A Plate of Satay


The Last Stick of Satay

No comments:

Post a Comment