Saturday, October 12, 2013

Kodak Portra 400


Most of you readers know that I shoot in black and white film exclusively and extensively for my street photography as well as night photography, with Kodak Tri-X 400 and TMAX 400 respectively. I have used them for almost 5 years and I do love these films, especially from Kodak.

Lately I came to know about Kodak's popular professional color negative film, Portra 400. I've read the product reviews and saw images taken by many photographers around the world, and I thought maybe it's time I should shoot color pictures. Well some of my color street photographs were taken digitally with my Nikon D70s. I had shot Agfa Vista 400 color negative film on my Horizon Perfekt panorama camera. Didn't like the colors and image quality.

The latest batch of Portra films are all new mixture of the formerly VC (Vivid Color) and NC (Natural Color) films. As a first time user, I can't say much and so I've yet to load up a roll of Portra 400 into either my Seagull 205 rangefinder camera or Horizon Perfekt. The sales person at Ruby Photo said this new Portra produces rich colours with lesser or no film grain. Yeah will find out for myself soon.

Until then, I will send a couple of rolls to the photo lab for film development and scanning. Will definitely post some good street photos here. So do subscribe to this blog site to get future updates.




All photos are taken with my Samsung S3. Post in Snapseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment