Sunday, December 21, 2014

Kodak Single Use Camera Series: Street Photo 6 - "I Am Pissed!"

I Am Pissed
This is the sixth street photo from Kodak Single Use Camera series.

Eminent Plaza was announced for redevelopment and all tenants have had since moved out. Somehow graffiti artists were invited to create colorful artwork on the building's surrounding walls which I think it's a good deed for them to unleash their creativity.

For weeks I've seen the building and its graffiti, and finally on one weekend I visited the place with my Kodak single use camera. I came upon this graffito as shown in the photo above. I noticed the shop window glass reflection on the right, so I decided to wait for a few minutes for anyone who walks by.

A few people, young and old, both genders walked past but I found their facial expressions not right. I waited for another 10 minutes or so and my patience paid off well. I saw a person walking towards me from the camera right behind the window glasses. Because of the window reflections and low light condition behind it, I couldn't tell the person's gender. Well with much anticipation, I took squat position for a low angle shot, pointed the camera and framed the shot. When the person finally walked out from behind the window glasses, I released the shutter. Only then I discovered the person is a man. I smiled and noticed his facial expression. He was frowning but not upset about me taking his photo. Well I believe he didn't know or couldn't tell if I took his photo because of my position. He might thought I was just taking pictures of the graffiti behind him.

When I got back my negatives from the photo lab, I looked through the photos and saw this shot. I zoomed in to take a closer look at the man's facial expression, and BINGO!! I hit the jackpot! His expression does look like he was pissed. It goes so well with the graffito text on the wall. I consider this shot to be a lucky one and I am happy to be so lucky at the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment