Sunday, December 7, 2014

Kodak Single Use Camera Series: Street Photo 4 - Youth Sikhs

Youth Sikhs
This is the fourth street photo from Kodak Single Use Camera series.

Deepavali - Festival of Lights was just the around the corner. I was roaming along the streets of Little India on a typical late afternoon. When I came to the pedestrian crossing right opposite the famous Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, a group of young Sikhs were chatting and laughing away, enjoying themselves. Without hesitation, I took a quick snapshot. Just as I looked through the viewfinder, the young Sikh with the red colored turban turned and looked at me with a pleasant smile. That friendly smile seem to imply a welcome gesture, perhaps for more photo shoots. Instead of asking all of them for a group shot, I looked at that young Sikh and gave him back a big smile with a little nod as a gesture of appreciation or "Thank you!". Thereafter I walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment