Thursday, May 31, 2007

Old & New Favorites - Panorama

Laughing Buddhas

Well, I posted this panoramic photograph on our local photographic forum i.e. Clubsnap forum, on 12 Jan 2006. Since I just started on my new photography blog, I also wanted to share it with every blog reader.

I got the chance to borrow a classic HORIZONT panoramic camera from a friend of mine and took on a roll of Fujifilm Superia 200. One main problem with this camera is light leakage and I was lucky to get this shot without light leakage. Phew! All the photographs I took, were at the mercy of the camera's mechanical fault. You never know what kind of light leakages you will get or how worse it can get.

In fact I took 2 shots of these 2 Laughing Buddha in Waterloo Street. Taking panoramic picture does change the way I see things. As I came across the Laughing Buddha there were lots of people praying and worshipping They touched the Buddha statue for good fortune and good health. The last time I was there on 31st Dec 2005, the old Buddha was still in that spot. Now, it was shifted aside and replaced it with a new varnished Buddha statue. Everyone go for the new one and neglect the old one. Personally I find it pretty humorous and ironic on the other. For your information, the tarnished state of the Buddha statue was due to the countless touchings by prilgrims. The new one symbolizes a good new start in the coming new year. So does favoritism play a part here?

Today is Vesak Day. I wish every reader healthy and happy always.

No comments:

Post a Comment