Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Penang Street Photo - Kek Lok Si

Kek Lok Si
While visiting the famous Chinese temple in Penang, Kek Lok Si (极乐寺), I was wondering around and in hope there's an interesting subject set against this colorful temple. In my mind's eye, I pre-visualised a monk or nun is sweeping in the yard. Well it turned out that an old civilian man came down from the stairs and started sweeping. Without hesitation, I took a few frames and this is the best shot.

Nikon FM10 on Tamron 17-35mm | Kodak Portra 400 color negative | Developed and scanned at Whampoa Kodak Colour Centre, along Balestier Road. No further color adjustment and cropping in post. Below is a monochrome conversion for a different visual effect. I think the color version works great.


No comments:

Post a Comment