Thursday, May 14, 2020

Street Panorama – Weekend Shopping No. 3

Weekend Shopping No. 3
© 2013 Martin Liew Photography

Here I was at the same spot outside Mustafa Shopping Center, facing the road junction of Syed Alwi Road and Verdun Road. With the camera all preset, I kept on waiting for any interesting character to come by, and yes this African fellow walked right into the street scene. I had spotted him on the other side of the junction. He was on his cell phone as he crossed the road and halted right in front of me. I lifted my camera to my face, looking through the viewfinder. Then I saw an Indian man walking by heading to my left, also on his cell phone.

I anticipated as I got the composition right and was ready to press the shutter release button when all are in position. This is the fun part of street photography where we have to anticipate based on our close observation and knowledge of body language.

Photo Info:
HORIZON PERFEKT | 28mm | settings not recorded | Kodak Tri-X 400 Film developed in Kodak D76 1:1 dilution for 8 minutes 20 seconds | Negatives scanned on EPSON V700 | Post-processed in Photoshop

Subscribe to my blog


Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.