Saturday, May 7, 2022

Street Photography with the NIKON Z fc


Greetings fellow readers and street photographers! It's been a long while since I last posted. A long hiatus it is I must admit. My sincere apologies for the long absence. The COVID-19 pandemic has truly affected me and my street photography. I took a whole lot lesser photos last year than the previous year. None for the first quarter this year. Last year, it was on and off in-between months, and recently I have tried to get back. Dang! It was way tougher than I expected. So much to re-adapt and focus on. Like I have to re-learn everything about street photography.

In today's blog, I'm not promoting the NIKON Z fc camera whatsoever, nor am I doing a camera review, which I don't do, and never will. I'm not affiliated with NIKON Singapore and I gain nothing out of it. Just sharing my street photos using the camera. So without much ado, let's jump right in.

Last weekend on the 30th of April, Saturday I took the chance to take part in a Meetup.com photography outing. I happened to come across this photo walk event on the app 2 weeks earlier. It was organized by a local professional photographer in conjunction with NIKON Singapore and NIKON School, to Explore Singapore and explore Nikon's Z series mirrorless digital camera, Z fc camera, too.

This is part of a series of photo walks featuring Nikon Z fc and participants will be visiting 6 areas of Singapore which is great for Street Photography, over 6 different sessions. So it happened the second session was to be held at Little India. As I wanted to get back to my street photography, so I thought Little India would be a great area for me to pick up fast.

I downloaded the camera user manual from the Nikon website and watched some Youtube videos, basically a walkthrough and a couple of camera reviews just to get me started and familiarized myself with the camera settings and operations. Well, I'm a long-time Nikon user so I've no problem using the camera.

The 3-hour event started at 4:00 PM. Well, some participants were late and the organizer/host gave a start-up intro and walked through the camera settings, etc. Armed with the Nikon Z fc camera and the Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm kit lens, I went off to roam the streets at half-past four. My very first photo is of this little Indian girl (shown below), carried by her mother. They were waiting to cross the road at the traffic lights, right outside City Square Mall.

f/6.3 1/125 sec ISO 360 at 50mm focal length

Upon seeing this opportunity the street had presented to me and with past experience, I did not hesitate to lift up the camera to snap a few shots. This is the chosen final shot. OK, I leave you to view the rest of the street photos. I shot many but only a few I considered presentable, are shown here. Pleasant viewing.

f/5.6 1/1250 sec ISO 400 at 16mm focal length

f/4.2 1/4000 sec ISO 400 at 24.5mm focal length

f/16 1/200 sec ISO 400 at 16mm focal length

f/16 1/250 sec ISO 400 at 26mm focal length

f/5.6 1/200 sec ISO 400 at 20.5mm focal length

The event ended an hour earlier at 1800 hrs, as storm clouds are approaching fast. I returned the camera to the organizer. It was a fun shooting experience with the NIKON Z fc. But personally, I wouldn't want to purchase it as I'm still owning a Nikon D70s and a D300. All digital photos captured in RAW format are processed in CAMERA RAW and converted to black & white in Photoshop.

OK, that wraps up today's blog. I hope you enjoy my work. If you have any comments, do leave them down below and I'd love to hear from you guys. For new readers, if you like my work, do subscribe to my blog for new updates. Until the next blog post, stay safe and have a great weekend.

Subscribe to my blog


Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment