Saturday, December 10, 2022

Street Photo – Chinese Barber

©2010 Martin Liew Photography

On 15th August 2010, Sunday morning I was roaming around Joo Chiat Road and came across what looked like an antique shop, a Chinese barber at work. I found the whole shop and settings very old-school, especially that old-school barber chair.

I took a quick light reading with my hand-held light meter to determine the "right" exposure and set it accordingly on my Seagull-4A TLR camera. The film used is Ilford HP5 Plus rated at 200. In total, I made two shots and this is the second one. Wanted to go in to have some closer shots but I thought it would be intrusive. Of course, I could ask for their kind permission but I preferred the natural candid style.

Subscribe to my blog


Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment