Saturday, February 18, 2023

Street Photo – Life Wrinkles


How did I get this portrait shot?

I was having my breakfast at the food center when an old man put his glass of coffee on the table opposite me. Then he walked to the sidewalk and sat on a chair for a few moments before coming over to take a few sips.

I tried to snap a few shots but failed as he walked back to the chair. A few moments later, he returned and sat longer to finish his coffee. I managed to shoot with my mobile phone while observing his movements, gestures, and expressions. Here's a contact sheet to show the captured shots


No, I did not ask for his permission to take his portraits nor did I have any verbal conversation with him. All shots are candid. Look how natural he is! Relaxing and enjoying his morning coffee as he watches the world goes by. Those wrinkles say a lot about him. I presume he is in his late 80s or even 90s. Truly one of the Pioneers who helped built this great country of ours, Singapore. All due respect and kudos to The Pioneers.


Two of the eight shots stand out strongly with good lighting and postures. A few tweaks in Adobe Lightroom mobile for better composition (5x4 cropping), colors, contrast, texture, clarity, and sharpness.

I converted them to black and white in Snapseed and watermarked them in Adobe Photoshop Mix. So which one do you like best? Color version or black and white?




Subscribe to my blog


Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment