Saturday, July 29, 2023

Street Photo – Untitled

About a month ago, I was "fishing" around the City Hall area, just at the junction between North Bridge Road and Coleman Street. It was a crowded Sunday afternoon with many Vietnamese and Myanmar people.

Initially, I wanted to take photographs of this young girl standing by the barricades, but she looked away when I pressed the shutter. However, this young guy walked into the frame and stroked his hair. That look in his eyes is filled with self-confidence. Next to him, a masked lady with her sunglasses on her head, frowning. It'd be a better and more interesting street photograph by cropping the photo as shown below, focussing on these 2 characters.

Our National Day is just around the corner and there will be more people hanging out in that area on the coming weekends. I'm planning on doing more up-close street photos of people. Will share the photos when ready.

Move the slider to see full color and/or black & white photo






Photo info:
Nikon D70s on Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4.0
f/11.0 1/200sec. ISO 1000 Center Weight Metering
Post-processed in Photoshop


Subscribe to my blog

Follow me on my Instagram and NQN Instagram
View more of my photography work on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment